Day 40 Thailand, Bangkok.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 2nd 2014
Published: December 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone.



We arrived to our hostel ok last night, really cheap taxis here (think is was about £6 for an hour from airport to hostel). The hostel is a big dump!! It’s dark and smelly an has cats everywhere. The sheets don’t look like they have been changed-ever, so it’s a good thing we brought silk liners. Only here two nights so we can cope!



First day in Bangkok-we didn’t stop! Firstly we went to Kho San road, I wanted to buy everything! Space in rucksack and the budget prevented me to just getting a dress, colourful baggy trousers, a hair braid and a bracelet (all for about £10). We also brought little flag badges of all the countries we’ve been to-including a few previous countries but all the ones we intend to visit this year. We are debating whether to buy a blanket when we get home and stitch them on; or be pretentious twats and stitch them all to our rucksack…..



After shopping we then bumped into a man that was selling necklaces and bracelets. I asked him if I could just buy some of his thread (it’s waxy and unbreakable if you pull it!) I want to make my own necklace with the beads from my blue fossil bracelet pip got me (It’s broken L). The man gave me thread for free-made my day!





Then just around the corner we met another local man from north Thailand. He gave us a map and drew four places that w should see this afternoon. Said it should be no more than 50 baht (£1) by tuk tuk (and they wait at each site for you). The guy gave us the tip to only choose while number plate tuk tuks (not yellow) and white ones are cheaper. He then hailed a tuk tuk down and as the man started to say not for 50 baht, our new friend said something in Thai, a which, the tuk tuk man agreed the local price J bargain! We weren’t to pay until the end. We went around the following sights: 1) The Golden Mount, 2) stand Golden Buddha and 3) The Reclining Buddha. All were impressive and amazing to see. There was a big march taking place with all the military divisions marching for the Kings birthday celebrations (its not until the 5th but they love it)



We made it back to the hostel in a expensive tuk tuk because not taxi would take us there!!! It was a bad area for traffic (Nightmare). We had some street food near the hostel, which was amazing and cheap!! We brought some beers and sat outside with a few lads from the hostel chatting about the area and travelling and American Football (everyone seemed to live in this hostel for ever).



Sleep was calling and had an early wake for our flight to Phuket.





That’s everything people!! Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 96, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb