Thailand & Vietnam 2014


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 4th 2014
Published: November 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

preferred seatingpreferred seatingpreferred seating

Lots of leg room here
Our holiday begins!

Pleasant flight on Singapore Airlines.

With a stop in Singapore, Singapore Airlines give you $40 Changi dollars to spend in the airport. Jules and i used ours to buy booze at the duty free desk. 1ltr Johnny black & 1ltr Gentleman Jack. Difference in price for us to pay? $6. Bargain!!!

Glad we paid the little bit extra for preferred seating. Leg room to spare, however we were right behind the toilets. You have no idea how much action those little suckers get! People start as soon as they get on the plane, and there is absolutely no empty sign the entire trip.

We were in dire need of a cool beverage when we arrived at our hotel, so sussed out a pub nearby. We battled the crowds on the streets, the very attractive and almost dressed "night girls", tourists and street vendors.

So many gray, paunchy, balding old farts looking very pleased with themselves with a young Thai girl on their arm. Dude! They are not with you because you're good looking or for your wonderful personality. Saw a couple of younger guys come into the pub, one awkwardly holding an attractive
Changi airportChangi airportChangi airport

Beaugivul gardens in airport. Big flower in the middle
but slightly older Thai woman's hand. These 2 guys looked the typical refrugees from Deliverance whose familial links are very, very close. She organised them, brought their drinks to their table etc. Not sure about her prospects for an enjoyable night?

We spotted a couple of guys from our flight at the bar. We discussed whether they were gay, given their close porximity to each other. Anyway, when we were leaving they came and introduced themselves and said they remembered us from our flight. Wasn't that nice! Wonder if they were having the same conversation about us? Move back Jules.

got to our room and discovered the socket where I needed to plug my CPAP machine into was wired to the light over my bed. Sore all night or try to sleep with a bright light shining directly in my eyes?

Got the little helpful guy up. Eventually worked out a solution wuth an extension cord.

Aaaahhh! Now we are ready to meet our new adventure tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Changi airportChangi airport
Changi airport

Jules having a rext
Bully's PubBully's Pub
Bully's Pub

Our first watering hole


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb