The Hangover II


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 17th 2014
Published: March 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Up at 7AM this morning as we had to get up and start packing for a flight to Bangkok, and upon arriving in Bangkok, it is a total different city. There are skyscrapers, large companies, and its somewhat pretty developed. We are staying at the Lebua Tower and the 6 of us are staying in "The Hangover II Suite" where all the cast photos and the famous scene is shot at. (see pictures) The view here is breathtaking as we are 53 stories up high and we have these amazing views. (see pictures). We have a personal kitchen, living room and 3 rooms for 6 people.

*** In my next blog, I'll be posting my explorations and photos of the city because I could not explore as much as I wanted to as we got in extremely late, and had to get ready for dinner.***

For our nighttime adventure...

The cab drivers here are shady as hell. All rides tonight included arguing about the final payment. Here is what the cab drivers do here, they say they'll take you to your destination but they won't turn on the meter. So they'll say 100 Baht which is 3 Dollars, but the real ride is only 45 cents. So the most expensive ride we got robbed on was a 10 dollar ride for the real price of 1 dollar...AND there goes my faith in humanity.

We FINALLY end up at our destination called The Levels and the only place this thing was missing was LEVELS of entertainment. People here at Bangkok call nightclubs "discos". At this particular disco, they had a live band playing each different hit song throughout the decade. People here attempted to dance but...lets just say alcohol was flowing and people were feeling good. While I won't go into detail for Bangkok, but the things at this particular club, I will say this.

YES. The things you hear about Bangkok through rumors about "insert crazy comment here about the people in discos/nightclubs" are in fact true. I saw it with my own two non-sober eyes.

YES. Its normal.

YES. I had Pad Thai with Chicken for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Drink ExperimentDrink Experiment
Drink Experiment

You had to mix each substance to formulate a drink.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb