Fun Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 30th 2013
Published: August 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 19-21, 2013

The flight into Bangkok from Shanghai was great. It was comfortable, and the flight staff was friendly. Once in Bangkok, we went through immigration quickly and soon were on our way to the hostel.



The ride from the airport provided some impressive views of Bangkok. The highway itself is above most of the tree line. Therefore, I was able to see the beautiful cityscape and skyline as the taxi made its way to the hostel. I was very impressed by the city.



We stayed at the Lub D Hostel Silom. The hostel was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The amenities were top class. The location was fantastic.



The first evening was spent walking around the hostel’s neighborhood, eating local food (dumpling noodle soup and pad Thai), and checking out the local market. The evening was capped off with a few drinks from the local mart.



After breakfast, we jumped on a tuk tuk and headed to the riverfront to grab a boat taxi. The touristy ride lasted just under an hour and made its way through local canals. We also saw some monitor lizards—which were very cool. Once dropped off, we walked through a busy food market in order to head toward the Grand Palace. Lots of folks trying to sell tours or tuk tuk rides bothered us along the walk, but once inside we were fine. Shorts are not allowed in the palace grounds, but the first office after you enter to the right provides free pants for the day. The grounds were amazing. The buildings are beautiful, and the only thing I wished was that we had had a sunnier day.



After the walk we made our way back to the food market and grabbed lunch. I had an amazing green curry and a delicious coconut soup. We then walked three kilometers to the astounding reclining Buddha.





The last evening in Bangkok was spent eating great pad Thai and enjoying the night life on Koh San Road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

on a rideon a ride
on a ride

bangkok
entranceentrance
entrance

bangkok, grand palace
viewsviews
views

bangkok, grand palace
to the leftto the left
to the left

bangkok, grand palace
walking aroundwalking around
walking around

bangkok, grand palace
from abovefrom above
from above

bangkok, grand palace
more facesmore faces
more faces

bangkok, grand palace
great viewsgreat views
great views

bangkok, grand palace
buildingsbuildings
buildings

bangkok, grand palace
Street viewStreet view
Street view

Koh San Road, bangkok


31st August 2013
from above

Grand Palace
Very nice photo

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 25; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb