New Years Eve 2012/13


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 1st 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

New year’s eve in Bangkok was amazing.. even better than I had ever imagined!

We woke up bright and early on the morning of new year’s eve and went and caught a mini bus to bangkok and then got a taxi to the hotel. We were too early to check in so left our bags with the bell boys and headed off to the shopping mall. We spent the afternoon looking around the shops, buying last minute new year’s stuff and spending lots of money in the h&m sales. We had a lovely lunch at a French restaurant and then headed back to the hotel to check in. our rooms were amazing, the hotel was amazing, the view was amazing. 36 floors up with wonderful views of Bangkok, a massive kingsize bed, TV with channels that actually spoke in English, a nice leather sofa, mini bar and to top it off a Jacuzzi bath AND a bottle of bubble bath! I literally thought I had died and gone to heaven.

After 2 and a half months of showers, to be able to relax in a hot bubble bath with the Jacuzzi setting on was insane, I was literally loving life at this point. I then put on the standard hotel white robe and fluffy slippers and started getting ready for the night.

We went for dinner in the hotels restaurant – all part of the package – and we were not disappointed. There was a carvery with really good beef and gravy, pasta, pizza, really good salad bar, and of course rice and seafood! There was even a chocolate fountain and jelly for desert... fair to say we thoroughly pigged out! We even had Christmas crackers with Christmas hats and crappy little jokes, very festive indeed!

After dinner we went and got all glammed up and changed into our party frocks, we took lots of pictures and cracked open the champagne and whiskey before heading up to the rooftop. We drank lots of champagne, wine and chang and danced all night (my feet were killing after not wearing heels for over two months, they didn’t know what was happening!). The countdown was really good and we all wished each other happy new year and then welcomed in 2013 watching a spectacular firework display over the bangkok skyline. – we also got to see all of the other firework displays going on around the city as we were that far up -.

We saw 2013 in in style with more drink and more dancing, we danced the night away and our drunk food of choice this time was subway before we passed out in our beds.

Happy 2013 everyone!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb