Bangkok - the Hangover 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the worst journey ever (Q’ing at Thailand border for 4 hours in the blistering heat!) we arrived at Bangkok – Ko San Road.. pretty mental place is the first impression… we checked into our hotel (which was the ropiest place ever!) then we headed out to sample what Bangkok had to offer – as it turns it was mostly cheap beer, lady boys & tattoos! Its was a good night K! But not so good the next day, which was spent feeling sorry for ourselves – hang overs in Bangkok with no AC not good!!



Once we’d recovered from parting like it was 1999 we visited the palace and Wot Pho (the reclining Buddha) was good to see but we’d visited so many temples and Buddha’s by now its hard to feel impressed.



One thing we definitely wanted to do while in Bangkok was check out the national sport Thai-Boxing, we booked tickets for the Ratchadennoen Stadium.. tickets weren’t cheap (By Thai standards) £30 each but well worth it.. we had ring side seats for the 8 matches 2 of which ended in KO, one guy got knocked out cold, and the stretcher came on to carry him off and he fell off the stretcher flat on his face right at our feet.. it wasn’t his night!



Next we were heading north to Chiang Mai.



Peace out…



-Phil and Alana xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb