Siam Paragon & Area


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 26th 2012
Published: May 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok offers a plethora of shopping experiences. I used to think Sinapore was the be all/end all of shopping, since it is their national pass time. Then I went to Bangkok. One of the things I love about Bangkok is the wide array of shopping experiences you can get in one place. In the area of Siam, you will find wall to wall shopping ranging from underpass stalls by local vendors, mid range shops under the subway offering clothes and shoes and… Siam Paragon. Unlike MBK (just down the road) and Terminal 21, Siam Paragon is an upscale luxury mall. The type of stores you will find here include: Gucci, Chanel, Valentino, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, and the list goes on.

The mall is immaculately laid out. Polished white tiled floors, doormen for certain shops and a huge department store; Gaystorn.

In the basement there is a gorgeous food hall. The lay out includes mini-streets such as chocolate lane and candy alley. Food places range from fast food types like Moss burger to higher end gourmet chocolate and pastry stores. One of the great features of this mall is the international grocery store. A full fledged grocery store it offers frozen food, fresh fruits and vegetables and imported food from all over the world. A wonderful shopping experience.

Overtop of Moss burger there is also an internet café. You can sit, play games, check your email and overlook the food court below. The rates run at about $30 baht per hour, very cheap considering the posh atmosphere of this mall.

Siam is a main hub. If you walk a few blocks (1 BTS stop) you will end up at MBK. All around the outsides (soi’s) there are tons of stores.

For luxury shopping, it’s worth the visit.

To get here take the BTS to Siam station.

http://www.siamparagon.co.th/v3/index2.html


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb