Khao San Road - Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 27th 2012
Published: June 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok offers a variety of experiences for visitors and tourists. One of the things I love about this city is you can start your day by visiting a temple, take a ferry ride, shop in a local market and end the day off by partying at a cool or high end club. The city offers even the pickiest connoisseur a full spectrum of experiences.

Khao San road is renowned as a back packers hang out area. Even through there are many “hippies” here this street is has a vibrant, energetic atmosphere. The street has been described as a place to get “lost” as it’s one of the central places to depart to other parts of Thailand or neighbouring countries such as Cambodia or Vietnam. Many expats also live here relatively cheaply.

Tourists gravitate to this area to experience the local shopping, tons of restaurants, cheap accommodations and tons of bars and restaurants. The street itself is quite short so follow the adjacent streets to access a variety of cool and hip outdoor restaurants. In the evening the place comes alive, buzzing with energy and people looking to have a good time. Khao San is more clubbing, partying and drinking, whereas Patpong is a red light district.

If you visit Khao San road, take a walk around the back areas of the streets to get more of the local feel of the area. The local shops behind the main street give you some insight to how locals shop and live. At the back end of Khao San road (near the pier) there is also a huge park with many people selling local knick knacks.

There are a few ways to get to Khao San road. Taxi will cost you about $30baht from Sam Yan (without traffic). Bus is cheapest, but make sure you take the right one. Lastly, you can take the ferry (recommended). The ferry provides a scenic route under the gorgeous sunshine. From central pier take the ferry to pier Tha Phra Athit (13).

http://www.khaosanroad.com/index.php/en/khao-san-road/63-khao-san-road-bars-and-clubs


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Off the main street of Khao SanOff the main street of Khao San
Off the main street of Khao San

I love how this picture captures the beauty of Bangkok.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb