The two day travel


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 20th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So a boat to Krabie, lost count of how many buses to including a sleeper bus (that is such a false name, you dont sleep on a sleeper bus). But after smashing my head on a tv it was probably the worst journey ever. I hated every second.



Eventually arrived in Bangkok at a stupid hour so nothing was open. Discovered my bag was ripped, so I was in a vile mood and in the place I hated most since we started our travels (apart from our stop in India). But we managed to book our night train for that evening to Chang Mai, and book our elephant stay for 3 dyas and 2 nights. Exciting! So we had a day to kill in Bangkok, when there was literally hardly anything open as it was about 8-9ish.



We got a tuk tuk, who took us round all his commission shops and made us go in and have a look round. To be fair, the shops were lovely but a little pushy and when in one suit shop as we only had one day so we couldnt buy anything as it couldnt get made in time, the salesman didnt botehr with us after then and pretty much suggested we left. charming! Jimbo bought a suit from another place and is picking it up when we fly home so jokes on that other seller!



After our small tour, the dirver took us to MBK shopping centre that was disgustingly huge. It had everything you could possibly imagine and about 20 stalls that sold it. So we spent the day there, looking round, had lunch in an amazing food court which had every possible type of food you can imagine (I obviously had mexican) and then you just pay for it when you leave so you can have anything you want and a mix of anything you want. Really good idea.



On the way to pick up our bags from the tourist office, Jimbo had to stop off at his tailors for a fitting which seemed a major issue as alot of the taxis claimed they didnt know where it was or was charging 200 - 300 baht for a lift there when we got it for 50 baht before! We then realised it was because all of the shops that the tuk tuk driver took us to got commission for taken us there if we bought something. But we managed to get back to collect our bags.



The sleeper train was amazing. The chairs folded out to become a lower bunk that was big enough for probably two people and then the top bunk folded down. I was so happy as it was so much better than iI imagined. I had also decided this is how I was travelling from now on. Amazing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb