Tet holiday in Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 30th 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Chiang Mai Temple 29 secs
I visited Thailand for about 10 days during the Tet holiday in Vietnam. My friend Kate and I travelled to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Koh Lanta Island. We were able to get a good feel for the North, South and Central areas of Thailand. I enjoyed visiting all of the places, but would say that Chiang Mai stands out in my mind. The weather was a nice change from the heat of Ho Chi Minh, and the people were so friendly. The food was amazing!! Especially if you like it spicy. My favourite is the Papaya salad. If you go to Chiang Mai, make sure to go to the Sunday night Walking Street Market. This was by far a highlight for me. It was busy, but calm at the same time. There is a food vendor area where you can try Thai specialties for a couple dollars or less.

The Elephant Park was a nice way to interact with elephants in a humane way, while supporting more future rescues.

Bangkok was much more modern than HCM. My favourite part was the Tuk Tuk's! So much fun....just don't forget to bargain with the drivers. When you get into a taxi, they will try to drive without the meter and take you on the highway because there are tolls. Be sure to say "meter" as soon as you get in.

The famous craziness of Bangkok was definitely there to be found. Kate and I found it to be very interesting. We enjoyed the night markets and shopping in general.

The trek to Koh Lanta island was "a trek". However, next time I would like to visit Koh Phi Phi or another island in that area. The ferry can feel a little long and uncomfortable, but worth it once you get there.

Once again the people were great. That was the general trend everywhere we went.

The weather was awesome, and if possible I would like to go back to Thailand while in South East Asia.

Enjoy the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 157, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Street foodStreet food
Street food

Delicious Pad Thai on Khao San Road
street foot massagestreet foot massage
street foot massage

Khao San road


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb