Scooters, beautiful beaches,massages, street vendors, intense heat, cute Thai guest houses, and bargin shopping- we must be in Thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 25th 2012
Published: March 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well Bangkok has been a education to say the least! As we got a taxi from the airport to our hostel the impression i got from Bangkok was as hectic as you can get, amazingly hectic though. I actually love the chaos its so organised every single person knows where they are going to and how fast they are going to drive to get there. Scooters weave in and out of huge truck lorries with less than 1year old babies in the middle of two parents not even flinching as they cut through an inch away from each other.

We stayed on a road just outside of central Bangkok called Silom Road, which was connected to a busy street which had a massage shop every other door down. If you look up above you the telephone wires are in a huge tangle of about 20 wires! i have a feeling that it might have got tangled after the Tusnami but im not 100% sure.

The main street in Bangkok - Ko San Road is a busy road full of everythiny you can imagine we are definatly going to try a bag of bbq'd crickets, scorpians and cockroaches before we leave!!!!

So in Bangkok we trasped around the city trying to find the embassy to get our visa sorted out but they would only let us have 7day extension so we think we are going to just hop out of the country for a few days to Loas and then get an extra 14 instead that way.

Weve had a few massages which were very relaxing on the street, its great for people watching! We stayed in a place called the D&D inn which had a swimming pool on the roof top so we enjoyed that for the day we were leaving. We flew from Bangkok to Phuket via a low budget air line called Air Asia which actually was very smart with black seats but was pretty cramped the flight was very sort - only an hour and a half so take off and landing really.

Phuket is not the most amazing place in the world, it has a lovely beach where we are staying in a place called Patong but there are hundred of sun beds and traders asking you every 2mins for masssage,watches, sunglasses etc. the sea is a cool 25 degrees id take a guess at, just like steping into a bath!

Tomorrow we are off to Ko Phi Phi (we think) we havent organised anything yet but i expect itll happen we are kind of living each day as it comes which is nice for a change becasue Australia was organised to the T.

Our hostel here is very nice only been open for about a week so everything is nice and clean and the internet is free which is cool!

Right well i better go becasue i think my skin needs some serious mosturizer after this heat today!

Love you and miss you all...have spoken to a few of you on the old blower this week and has been lovely hearing about the ever so boiling weather youve been having hahaahahhah xxxxxxx

Bella x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb