Unfinished business in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 19th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We settled on a really cheap room as we were only in Bangkok for one night. The tiny white tiled room was furnished with a double bed and a ceiling fan – minimalist. After grabbing some much missed Pad Thai we decided to have an early night. Unfortunately the room was impossibly hot and the fan ridiculously noisy, and so sleep never came. On the plus side this meant we were up and out early! Last time we had been in Bangkok we hadn’t made it to Wat Pho to see the massive reclining Buddha so that was first on the list after getting ourselves some tickets out of Bangkok and a Subway breakfast 😊.

Afterwards we grabbed a much needed ice coffee overlooking Wat Arun on the other side of the river.

The chatuchak weekend market was on so we decided to have a little shop, not a good idea considering we had a massive duffle bag full of items for home already. But hey who can resist a good old market where everything is so much cheaper than it will ever be back at home. We spent a few hours strolling around the market and were relatively restrained in our purchasing for once.

We took a bus back to Khao San Road stopping for some yummy street food on the way and got ready for our bus to Koh Lanta. We were picked up by a young lad just as it started raining. So he decided that we wait until the rain stopped before moving again to the bus. E tourists started getting a bit fed up and started to ask what happens if it rains all night?? Reluctantly he decided to move us again. We eventually made it onto the bus and were woken up at 6.30am and ushered off the bus. The whole morning was spent waiting around, taking a short bus/minivan ride, waiting around and so on…

We finally made it to Kho Lanta around 2.30pm we had agreed to stay at for a night because we has arrived on the island without any other plan and with no information whatsoever. Clever us!

Deb & Ang


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb