Back on the move.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 8th 2006
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 177 - 181



We left Ao Nang and headed to Krabi town for the day. After seeing some horror guesthouses, we eventually found somewhere to stay. Had a look round town, booked our bus for tomorrow and took a look at the night market.

The next morning we jumped onto a bus headed to Ranong. It took 2 hours longer than expected as it stopped EVERYWHERE! We got dropped in the middle of a motorway and had no idea where we were. Luckily another guy had a map so we followed him and eventually found the town centre. Had some dinner then went to bed.

An early start - we were picked up and taken to the immigration office (as our month visa was about to expire). We then jumped onto a rickerty old boat and chugged across to Burma, where we spent a whole 10 minutes in which time we managed to meet a man with six fingers(!), to get our passports stamped. Then back over we chugged and into the immigration office once again. Magic! We spent the rest of the day looking around, although Ranong doesn't have much to look at so we tried to waste as much time as possible. In the evening we caught the night bus to Bangkok. Probably the most boring day of our trip.

We arrived at something discusting like 6am and wandered the streets in search of somewhere to stay. Found the place we were looking for and got a few hours sleep. Went for a walk down the Koh San Road and surrounding streets, which were so much quieter than the last time Carly was here. Sat by the pool for a couple of hours then got ready and went to a fancy looking restaurant. Had a few drinks, one of which was in a 'bar' that had been set up in a petrol station forecourt - quite funny!

Rain, rain, rain! Woke up to a big thunderstorm (the start of things to come). We braved the wet stuff and made our attempt at being cultural. We walked down to the Grand Palace, but were bored after 10 minutes so decided to stop pretending to be interested and wandered the streets of Bangkok some more. In the evening we caught a bus to Chang Mai.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb