Getting to Bangkok...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

13.02.2011
Woke up feeling like death warmed up! The big hello/goodbye drinking session last night clearly took its toll....6 months in France have definitely gotten me out of practice with the UK binging! A few deliberate throw ups and a roast dinner later and I started to feel human again....
Our train to London was delayed by an hour .. not pleasnt when attired in sandals and 3/4 lengths to save on luggage space ... attracted several baffled looks.... rail co. arranged for us to be taxi-ed to airport from Reading as we had missed connecting train so that was pleasant - shared a cab with a woman on the way to Columbia who was lovely. Arrived in airport at midnight and Mike managed to sleep on the floor but I didn't. Was zombie-like by the time the 7.30 che3ck in rolled up and was not best pleased at having to queue up twice because the check in girl thought we had to have proof we weer leaving Thailand within a month in order to enter .... U knew we didn't but she was so adamant that I stated to doubt myself ... hurrumpmh!!
Managed to get some kip on the flight to Mumbai, but Mike didn't get a lot as a lovely chap called Lee from London sat next to him and they chatted about Thailand and travelling and apparently everything else under the sun for the whole trip ... they seemed to kjnmow all about each other by the time I woke up!
Mumbai security was chaotic, smelly, sweaty and intrusive! Mike got through in 10 mins whilst I waited 25 to hand in my bag then got moved to another queue to wait another 15 mins in order to get wanded and groped (my underwired bra set off the alarm and she had a proper good root around my norks for explosives) before running to the gate to get the final leg of the flight. Arrived in Bangkok and queded for an hour to get through customs then got a taxi back to crazy KhaoSan road with Lee and Woyekieck, a very chilled Czech who Lee had sat next to on the Mumbai - Bangkok leg... we wandered around the smells, noise, street vendors, tourists, Thais, neon, shops on wheels, tuk tuks and constant calls of "Where you go? Want tuk tuk/taxi/minibus?" until we found our hotel in a funky side street (funky in all senses of the word). As soon as we were checked in I crashed out. 36 hours had passed since I had slept in bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb