Bit of culture and Liam's 25th


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back on Koh San Road and headed out to find a new abode, we finally settled on the Sawasdee Inn (Riki loved it as the whole hotel was themed purple).

We woke up early and decided it was time to see some culture so we headed to Wat Poh where the reclining Buddha resides. Afterward we were in need of some retail therapy so off we went to MBK, Bangkok’s biggest shopping center. We realized that we were pretty shopped out as everything was basically the same as available on Koh San but much more expensive. We skipped the shopping and headed upstairs to the cinemas and saw ‘due date’ both the movie and the nori (seaweed) flavored popcorn was thoroughly enjoyed.

We decided we were in need of a nicer place to stay, especially as it was Liam’s bday so after inquiring on a few hotels we settled on the D and D Inn, which was definitely the fanciest hotel we have stayed at so far sand the most expensive 1000 b/h night ($30). We enjoyed there large lcd television, roof top pool and a few other luxuries.

That night we meet up with a friend from Koh Chang and a few extras for drinks at the Banyan Tree Rooftop bar which was absolutely stunning. An open air rooftop bar on the 64th floor of a hotel with the most stunning view of Bangkok, with drink prices to match. As drinks were very expensive we only stayed for one drink and enjoyed the atmosphere before moving onto our next destination.

Previously I asked Liam what he would like to do in Bangkok for his birthday, he decided on a ping pong show so as it was his birthday I didn’t have much choice in the matter. So after leaving a beautiful classy hotel we got a taxi to the seediest area in Bangkok. I’ll leave out all the details but it was a memorable experience, not necessarily for the better.

After a day of recovery we had well and truly had enough of Koh San and Bangkok and after some deliberation we decided to head west to Kanchanaburi.



Miss You!
Riki and Liam
oxoxox


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb