Travel is supposed to broaden the mind, isnt it?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 22nd 2010
Published: March 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The great thing about travelling by bus is the way in which you get to see movies that you wouldn't normally bother watching. So far we have enjoyed (or more correctly endured)
Little Red Riding Hood, a particularly gory Kung Fu movie with body parts severed every minute or so (the kids on the bus really enjoyed this one!), a comedy Kung Fu movie, Meatballs, Transformers and G.I. Joe. The saving grace was that almost all were in Thai.

After all the fuss of getting back, its nice to be settled in Bangkok again. Amazing the feeling of peacefulness that settles in once you are back in a familiar environment. To sit down to perfect soft boiled eggs and good coffee in a large cup really gets the day off to a good start. Unfortunately we couldn't get a train ticket until the Tues night and then only upper sleepers were available but we filled our time in with no problems. Tried a new street cafe, Pen Thai in Rambuttri St and found it extremely good although very popular and sometimes you need to wait for a table. Highly recommended are the garlic king prawns and curried crab at 100 Bt each.

The Redshirts protests are still continuing but fortunately in a non-violent and fairly unobtrusive manner (to tourists at least). The main effect is on traffic as so many roads are closed off and also police road blocks are in place on some streets. We still haven't worked out where the buses now leave from now that the road by Democracy Monument is closed, so are now catching taxis to National Stadium and using the BTS from there. Returning home to KSR is OK as the buses still stop near there, but just a slightly longer walk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb