In Da Club


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 27th 2007
Published: March 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post


We were in Bangkok for about 3 days which was enough time to do a bit of shopping and chill out before flying back to the UK.

Gino and Emma travelled with us to Bangkok and we were fortunate enough that Gino had a thai friend (Icky?) living in Bangkok. We met up with Icky and he took us to a cool thai restaurant and then we went to a club called Route 66. The club was amazing - it had heaps of different rooms for different types of music and also a live band who were great. The ladies toilets even had a quartet playing :-) We were joined by Icky's girlfriend, Min, and all shown to a table in the R n B room. As the beer is very expensive in clubs, it works out cheaper to order whiskey for groups. So we ordered a large bottle of whiskey, bucket of ice, soda water and coke. The club was rammed and there was hardly any westerners (we only saw one girl) but the DJ's were western and spoke english all night.

We managed to finish one bottle of whiskey and started on a second and I don't even like whiskey but "when in Rome" :-) Icky and Min were soooo lovely and very attentive. Min kept topping my drink up so I had to hide my glass a few times so that I wouldn't get too wasted :-)

We left when the club closed and headed back home. Min haggled in thai with a taxi driver and managed to get us a taxi back to Khao San road really cheap, sweeeet :-). I was starving when we got back so we had to stop off at our favorite food stall for a plate of chicken and vegetable fried rice... yum and only cost 20 bht :-)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb