Christmas and New Year!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 4th 2010
Published: January 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Blog to follow soon, just pics for now..... Hope you enjoy!


So I thought i would have a go at my first blog because Jenny is not feeling great.

We got to Siem Reap after a 7 hour bus ride, little did we know it would turn out to be the
7 hour Cambodian kareoke bus ride from Hell. We had booked a place called Rosy guesthouse,
it was a touch out of our price range but we thought what the hell its Christmas. We got there a day
early because we had spent too long in Phnom Penh (We have developed a kind of lazy attitude to
planning and deciding when we should pack up and go. Sure its no surprise to you)

Traveling is sometimes relentless, as we steped off the bus still playing kareoke tunes the next thing was to fight past
the tuk tuk drivers to get our bags. The first few days we just stayed in the hotel because Jen wasn't feeling great.
On Christmas day we found an Irish pub that had a Christmas dinner on, it was crap!! We later found out that the owner
didn't even have his dinner there!! Christmas was a strange one... Boxing day was messy, we were drinking all day and night
pitcher after pitcher, we got talking to this Scotish kid called Scotty... I had to ask him twice, we thought he was taking the
mick.He had a strange tattoo of a grammarphone on his arm! We stayed out with him till about 3am it was a good night but
it took a full day in bed to recover.

We decided to go to Ankor Wat and a few other temples, were they filmed Tomb Raider. We got a tuk tuk driver for the day, we didn't know his name but it said lucky on his helmet, so that was his adopted name for the day!! Lucky was a reckless driver he overtook everything in sight. We thought the temples were good, there is one where a tree is growing through a small temple, we overheard a tourguide say "The tree and the temple are one, when the tree dies, the temple dies". A few days of nothing passed and Jen decided to go horse riding. We don't really do mornings so it was around 12ish when we got there, it was HOT. She went out with one of the guys who works there (who didn't speak any english at all) for an hour, Jen said the horse was fast and she had the blisters on her hands to prove it, Jenny quotes "It was class". I sat and waited and watched a cat for an hour. That night we had Snake, frogs legs and Crocodile. Jenny is a big fan of the frogs legs.

We headed to Bangkok for new year, what was ment to be an 8 hour jurney took us 14 hours from hotel to hotel, it was a joke. Jenny was feeling better for a few days but then felt ill again, she is not having much luck staying healthy bless her! We decided to have a quiet new year just have a few beers and then go back to the room. We stayed out till 4am drinking buckets of Vodka and watching live bands on the street with fireworks going off everywere, a group of punks took a liking to Jenny, that was funny!! It was the best new year ever but the best nights are always the ones you never plan. Again we were a full day out of action.

Written by Craig
Edited by Jenny



Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



5th January 2010

happy new year from london
happy new year..... it looks amazing where you are....so jealous!
6th January 2010

Happy new year
Great pix! looks like your on the set of a tomb raider movie in the last lot :P that raw egg dinner looks interesting! Glad you had a good crimbo and new years.
8th January 2010

Hi you two, just spending some time looking through your photo's.They are still brilliant, got a few favourites now!! Hope you two are both feeling a bit better as both a bit under the weather the last time we spoke.Once you have full energy back whats the plans?It is so cold here, forecast today is lots more snow this afternoon and tonights temperature is about -8!!Looks very pretty but getting sick of it now!Off to the gym now as put on half a stone over xmas!! Cant wait for the next blog!Take care of each other, lots of love , Carol.
8th January 2010

S21 Prison sounds a right laugh....are those rules for visitors or the inmates!!!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb