Day 72: Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 28th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we are back on Khaosan Rd.... probably not for the last time either.

The minibus-boat-bus from Ko Samui to Bangkok went smoothly, except for the pee smell on the bus to Bangkok and the fact that we made it to bangkok 2 1/2 hours early. Instead of getting there at 6 am we got there at 3:30 am. We decided to find a place to sleep for the rest of the "night", instead of powering through to the next night as we had originally planned. Luckily Khoasan rd never sleeps, so there were plenty of options.

Not too much else to report here... Just getting supplies, since this is the best place to do it. We are off to cambodia tomorrow. First stop is Siem Reap, home of Angkor Wat (8th wonder of the world). Apparently the trip from bangkok to siem reap has quite a reputation for the number of scams that tourists go through. Luckily there is a site that breaks down all of the scams and how to get around them. I just printed out a page of the essentials, in size 6 font, 3 columns wide. We are going prepared.

No pictures this time - but many of Angkor to come!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb