BANGKOK ROUND 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 19th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The trip back to Bangkok included a ferry journey and a six hour coach. When we arrived we found a room in a guest house and met up with our friends from Manchester, George and Rachel. With them we did a bit of sightseeing and saw the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha, which had quite a steep entrance fee, but were so photogenic and breathtakingly beautiful that we didn't mind at all! We also saw the Reclining Buddha, which was huge! In the afternoon we took a trip on a long tail boat down the Klong Om, which took us past temples, fruit orchards, fish farms, and homes on stilts. It was good to see yet another side to life in Bangkok. We went to China Town for a meal in the evening, trying a delicious crab curry, and went to the market in Patpong, which was well and truly “Ping Pong” central! The market was pretty cheap through, and it was a good opportunity to practice our bartering skills! These places were really good to experience, as they were more like what we had expected Bangkok to be like - busier, a bit seedier, as well as a bit more crazy and foreign. We loved it! To round up the night we took a tuk tuk and it was pretty scary in the dark but we made it back in one piece.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



31st July 2009

Ko san
Well Guys, glad ure both ok and enjoying Thailand. Not clued up to what Ko san is, but pretty sure it's alcoholic. This is gonna make a fab book by the way! Enjoy reading ure adventures. Take care, loads and loads of love The Liveseys xxxxx

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb