Finally I'm here - and its hot hot hot!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 10th 2006
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, finally I've got here! don't really think its sunk in yet, but i can tell you one thing, its really hot and steamy here! spending the winter in the UK doesn't really prepare for it, although air conditioning is nice.

the flight seemed to go really quickly and i even managed to get a bit of snoozing in, which is a rareity for me. I must admit i was a bit nervous about getting into bangkok and finding my hotel but it was pretty easy in the end. visa was stamped into my passport without any problems (hopefully the start of many more to come!) and qued up for one of the licensed taxis in the rank outside the main terminal. we went via the express toll motorway which runs through the city and the final fare was 450 baht - around 6 pounds but not bad considering the airport is miles out of town. bangkok is absolutely massive, with endless urban sprawl and advertising bill boards everywhere. the traffic is something to behold too - disorganised chaos is an understatement!

my hotel is really nice and includes breakfast, en-suite, air con and a huge swimming pool. have now ventured into the notorious koh sahn road which is full of neon light signs, bars, restaurants, beggars, strip shows and best of all, lots of food stalls! i've had my first taste of asian street food - 3 large piping-hot veggie spring rolls covered in sweet chilli sauce - very tasty, and best of all, only 25 baht (around 30 pence!). think i'm going to sample some of the noodle stalls after writing this message, can't really go wrong for very little money.

haven't managed to get any photographs sorted out yet, but am going to go for a wander early tommorow morning and hopefully check out some of the temples.

hope everybody is well and enjoying themselves, i'm gonna go off exploring again! see ya!

Advertisement



11th February 2006

Dog burgers half price..!!
Watcha! Its richy rich here in the cold UK, i can't belive you've actually left! It doesn't seem 5 mins since we were serving food at the Leeds festival! (MEAT!) Good to know that yor having a blast already, Keep me posted fella!
11th February 2006

Mmmmm, Ladyboys
Make me proud Phil, Make me proud

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb