Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone. We have found time to write our first entry thanks to mum - she sent us a text at 3am and we thought it was our alarm which we had set for 4am. We are now in the foyer with an hour to kill before our taxi takes us to the airport for our flight to Chiang Mai.

Our flight over was good, (loved the uniforms of the Royal Brunei air hostesses) Jack slept well, Tracy not so good and me, well not at all. Jack loved the travelator, it was a novelty for all of us. We got to our hotel, had a swim and then went for a walk looking for food. We watched traffic for 15 minutes at the intersection outside our hotel to start with - traffic in all directions, not paying much attention to lights or right sides of the road, amazing no accidents. We were toooooo scared to cross the road so just walked around in left hand circles and found no food. We decided to get a tuk tuk ride to train station to buy tickets for travel to Chiang Mai and get KFC for dinner. Night trains had sold out for the next 5 days so we were forced to go by plane.

Back at our hotel we went up to the reloving restaurant on the roof and watched the lights of the city and a massive lightening storm approaching which once it got upon us was attacking neighbouring buildings before hitting ours. Way cool and very exciting. We are quite awake at 9.30pm but head to bed for sleep as we are getting up at 5am in the morning.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb