tuk tuk tuk


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we land... heads all over the place from the flights & just knowing the fact we had just landed in bangkok, what was in store for us..

after being advised in the airpot that the kho san road was risky to stay in with demonstrations going on we headed for a hotel in down town bangkok. there is absolutly nothing in down town bangkok apart from mad traffic & big old buildings with nothing in them, it was stinking and roasting.

we head out on foot to buy a bottle of water....about 2 hours later, lost we find an indian resturant...the first shop/resturant we found in 2 hours!!!! in for some grub, beauty but expensive.. about 1 hour later we find our hotel, straight to bed....freaked, what are we doing??? no sleep.....something we had to start getting used to.

next afternoon we wake, chill by the pool till evening & then head out, a tuk-tuk to patpong the notorious red light district...more like a red light town!! so tuk tuk breaks down 5 mins from our hotel..our 1st tuk tuk & it breaks down in a pitch dark street! a jeep arrives & our driver pushes us into the jeep... at this stage i wanna go home!!! we arrive to patpong. like any good irish man we spot the irish bar after a bit of wandering around with our jaws on the floor. patpong is 2 streets that are lined with thousands of women, young and old, lady boys and anything else there can be. the irish bar seemed to be the only bar with out shows & pro's.

2 pints please... about 8 more of these & we have the goo, next door to see a show.... ping pongs, bananas and anything else they can find. it was mental & we had great craic, kev had to be asked to calm down after hitting a pingpong ball back with a racket to hard!!! patpong, we saw what it was about & not likely to forget it either! one thing i know is i wont be back there in a hurry.

next day we wake and head to the kho san road for a look & a few beers, hey boss...my friend t-shir good for u...hey man u wan sun glass...tuk tuk tuk - non stop...

later we head to bangkoks huge thai kick boxing stadium & it was mental, we were ring side & the thai spectators were as good to watch as the fighting its self, speaking 100mph, drinking, smoking, sweating, gambling & roaring... a few nock outs & 15 great fights later we head back to the hotel.....for more no sleep

cambodia tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb