Here I am


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 19th 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well... I'm here in Bangkok now

Got here around noon yesterday, the flight was long but could have been worse. We got in a taxi to Khao San Road, it's where pretty much all the tourists stay, and it is crazy. Thousands of people walking around, everyone trying to sell you something, but everyone is friendly about it. We took it easy yesterday during the day, bought a few things and got to know the area. I had my first massage too... it was alright, alot of elbows just digging into your back though... I dont think they knew exactly what they were doing. Then we decided to grab a bucket from a cart on the side of the street. A bucket is Red Bull, Coke and some sort of Thai alcohol poured into a bucket, and it is gooood. We sat there for a few hours talking with the locals and joking around with the kids that sell things on the street. Then we got the kids to point us out a real live ladyboy across the street, with a guy sitting there with his arm around her acting cool... little did he know...

Then today we got a Tuk Tuk and went around to some of the temples, but after every stop the driver made us go into a store to look around, he gets money for bringing people to the shops. So after our third time of stopping to look at some tacky jewelry I told the driver no more stops. Then he dropped us off at a momument and told us he would wait while we looked around..but when we came back he wasnt there, oh well it didnt cost us anything... The weather here is alright... very humid and hot but not unbearable.

So since today is a holiday that means no alcohol being served, so we're going to have to find something else to do... we heard from a girl that they sell scorpions to eat on the street at night, so maybe I'll have to see if I can find some of those, we might go see some Thai boxing we heard about also.

I'm glad I chose to fly home out of Bangkok too, there is everything imaginable to buy here, so that means lots of good presents for people at home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb