At Songkran on Khohsan Rd


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone - today on a whim we took a taxi out to Khohsan road for laughs and giggles. While there a procession of floats, bands, and a car show went by. Took many photos from inside the taxi due to a fear of being drowned by the large amounts of water being tossed around by buckets and squirt guns. Some pick up trucks even had large tanks with engine driven pumps and hoses for wetting down the masses of party goers. There were many police and paddy wagons at hand in case things got out of control. The area this festival was in (Khohsan road) is in an area where many low budget hotels and hostels are available to travelers and also very close to the Grand Palace.

Many taxi drivers were relucant to carry us out there due to traffic jams and the water/talc mix that we saw many buses and taxis attacked with. What they do is shoot the bus with water and then throw colored talcum powder bombs. The result is a pasty colorful spotch and mess on the windows and sides of the buses. Passerbys are also fair game for the same abuse.

The taxi driver also drove around to some of the palaces and wats (temples).

There must have been a hundred large tour buses moving tourists around to the many sites in Khohsan area. Many different nationalities were present and the young Thai kids seemed to be having fun squirting everyone. Saw many high power squirt guns for sale but no funnelators (Dan- a good business for us to get into).

All for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st April 2008

facial
My facial didn't look like this!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb