Crazy Bangkok...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Girls Head Off!The Girls Head Off!The Girls Head Off!

Here we go here we go!
Hello, and welcome to our first 'official' blog... Soooo.... here we are... a few days into the trip and what an adventure.... where do I start?

Day 1 - My Fear of Flying Has Not Subsided



We left Adelaide to an almost uneventful flight.. halfway down the runway on takeoff in Adelaide all the overhead luggage compartments decided to pop down.. I am freaking out thinking the plane is going to fall to bits, and insane people are up out of their seats shutting them... what are they doing?! apart from that a bit of turbulence, a couple of alcoholic drinks, and plenty of boredom.... The Uno cards came out at the 5 hour mark.... and I got my ass flogged. We landed in Singapore to pouring rain, spent a couple of hours with crampy bellys, free internet and Rinna trying to find the 'Smokers Lounge'.

Second flight was uneventful.... until the landing... where we landed with a massive thud (almost broke the tarmac), and then decided to go sideways for a few seconds... luckily the pilot decided to correct the plane in time and all ended well.... Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by Charlie (a guide I used last year) with flowers from my friend Tong and a typical Thai ride to our guesthouse... Rinna was white by the time we arrived! LOL!

By this stage it was approximately 1am (Oz time) and while we were exhausted exploring just had to be done... we wound up in a bar with 100 baht Chang Beer ($3.30) (big ones approx 3 schooners) and cockroaches on the walls in the kitchen... I was starving and decided to order some deep fried beef.. something I would regret this morning.. A few beers later we stumbled back to the guesthouse, only to find a massage palour along the way.... 2 oil massages for 400 baht ($14) later, and we were back to the hotel in time to crawl into bed at 5am (Australian time)....

Day 2 - Runny Tummies & Run Forrest Run!



The beds were hard and so we were up a few hours later.... tired and grumpy! Just before we jumped in a taxi to go do some shopping we ran into Alissa and Ashley... Alissa is an American I met online planning our trips... she was in Adelaide a few
Finally Arrived!!Finally Arrived!!Finally Arrived!!

Bangkok here we come!
months ago and I took her to the Bay... we all decided to head to MBK (a massive shopping centre) together, and off we went... Halfway to MBK my stomach started doing the 'cramped grumbling thing' and I could not get to the shopping centre quick enough! Lets just say that the beef from last night caught up with me! LOL!

Rinna and I lost the girls after about an hour so headed to the Food Court on Level 5... a feast was had for the measly sum of 400 baht ($14) and then we made our way to Smile Bangkok... a dentist here in Bangkok... where we both had a checkup and I had my teeth cleaned... a measly amount of 800 baht ($25)!

On the way to the dentist we had a pretty funny moment.. not sure if it is a location joke but I will try explain it... picture this:

We are trying to navigate the Sky Train.... we jump on what we think is the correct skytrain... only to get to the first station and realise we are going the wrong way! It was one of those moments when technically we should of
The First Beers!The First Beers!The First Beers!

2 massive beers and only 200 baht!
got off the train, paused, had a think about things and come up with a new plan... instead my nickname of Forrest was born!

The doors open and we go "Shit we are going the wrong way"... we jump off the train and realise that not only is there another skytrain on the opposite side of the platform but hundreds of people are dashing from both trains to the other... rather than pausing, I have just looked at everyone bolting and off I have gone... bolting for the other train... with Rinna in hot pursuit - I had no idea WHERE the other train was going but I was gonna be on it at all costs.... regardless of whether it was right!

By the time we stopped on the train to realise what we had just done we were in hysterics with tears running down our faces.... but surprisingly my gut instinct was right and the next station was the one we should have been at! SCORE!!!!

Next stop was the Train Station to get our tickets for Laos on the 6th...... disaster struck.... for someone that has planned our trip down to the T I forgot one small detail..... its CHINESE NEW YEAR... and no tickets available for the 6th... what the?!?! Are you joking me?! Rinna's only comment : "Oh so you arent perfect after all" LOL .. yeah no shit! In the end we decided to bite the bullet and book seats... thats right... SEATS not beds on the 14 hour train journey.... our theory: oh well its all an adventure!!!!

That night we had a foot massage and pedicure (1 hour... 270 baht... $9) then met up with Nok... a girl I met last time I was here... dinner was 'mixed noodles' from a street vendor on Soi Rambuttri.. and it was the best damn noodles I have even eaten... for a pricely sum of 20 baht (70 cents). After dinner we headed to Gullivers.. a dodgy bar in Khao San Rd for drinks... we met up with my friend Alissa there for drinks and at about 10pm it was hometime... we were pretty exhausted!!

Day 3 - Smoking Pussies & Live Sex (R Rated Section)



Day 3 was pretty quiet during the day. My friend Tong was in hospital so we decided to make our way there
Breakfast Time!Breakfast Time!Breakfast Time!

Breakfast cost us less than $6
for a visit... we went to her husbands shop and he hailed us a taxi... a couple of hours with Tong and we headed home to meet up with Corrinne and Brad (Canadian friends) where we negotiated a tuk tuk to take us to Suan Lum Night Bazaar. We got him down to 200 baht and the trip took almost 2 hours.. by the end of it 'Dum' our tuktuk driver was our best friend who got an extra trip (2 hours for 200 baht is not very nice!!!) and promised to come pick us back up when we were ready, after being taken with Rinna and swapping numbers! LOL! Don't worry Brendan ... Dum is about 70 years old!!!

We met up with Narelle and Matt (from Brisbane) and sat down to some deep fried chicken, beers and live Thai pop music on the big stage... Afterwards we headed off for a bit of window shopping... I found a really cute keyring that I 'had to have'... and the process was like this :

Me: How much?
Man: 750 baht
Me: You want 750 baht for a keyring? That is $25 australian dollars .. too much!
Man:
Predator in the MBKPredator in the MBKPredator in the MBK

a recycled metal creation... if only my luggage allowance was 2 Tonnes!
How much you pay?
Me: 100 baht
Man: *laughs out REAL loud* NO!

And with that he snatched the calculator out of my hand and turned his back on me! Are you serious!!! I found the exact same one later in the night and the starting price was 450 to which I paid 200... still expensive for a keyring but it is really nice!

After we had finished Corrinne, Brad, Rinna and I called up Dum who came to pick us up with promises of the best 'ping pong show' in town! He wanted 750 baht per person (free drink included) but once at the club we did some hard bartering and got in for 350 baht... they really didnt want us to get in at that price and it took ages to barter.... once inside they asked us for all our cameras and phones... which we were pretty reluctant to part with.. but no camera no show! We were given a locker and put our stuff in there... The lady owner then approached me and this is the conversation :

Lady : *staring straight at me* You tell noone what price you paid tonight
Me :
Traffic GridlockTraffic GridlockTraffic Gridlock

Trying to get home in this was a nightmare! Luckily we ripped off the tuktuk driver LOL
no no all good
Lady : I thai mafia... you tell anyone I come kill you
Me : ok ok me no wanna be killed....

Then I turned to the 'boss man' and said :

Me: our cameras better be there when we get back
Man: no problem no problem
Me : I Australian Mafia and I kill you if they are not here...

Lady and Man both laughed... luckily! :-)

And so into the show we went...... OH MY.... The rest of this story is not for the faint hearted.....

We got our free Vodka/Redbull and settled in to the FRONT ROW! In no particular order here is what we saw.... I intend to leave the best until last! LOL!

*Pussy writing 'Welcome to Bangkok' on paper
*Pussy Ribbon (at least 20 meters long!)
*Pussy Razors... which she proceeded to cut up paper with afterwards, make into a hat and place on a boys head
*Pussy Coke Bottle... yes inserting coke inside and standing up then squirting it into bottle
*Pussy Needles... kind of like the razor
*Pussy Darts... yes audience members holding balloons while the girl shoots darts out her pussy popping the balloons
* Pussy whistles... blowing whistles
* Pussy Candle Blowing.. explains itself really
* Pussy Banana shooting... again small pieces of banana being shot out at great speeds at boys in the audience... one even ate his prize

And the finale... a LIVE BOY GIRL SEX SHOW...... I know... we didnt expect that one either... seriously this guy comes out on stage and sits down masturbating... then this naked girl comes out on stage and together they proceed to try every position known to man (including both of them swinging from the roof.... Ahem... I know ok!!! We didnt know whether to laugh cry or keep watching... well we kept watching.. it was kind of like a car accident... you dont want to look but you just cant help yourself... and when he 'you know what' at the end the whole room cheered (including us!)

Anyway...... moving right along.... after that there was not alot left to do except head home and try get some sleep.... We had an early start the next morning going to the Floating Markets and The Railway Markets with Tong and Aliesha and Justin (from Melbourne)..... but that is another blog! We have to get going .... we have to have some lunch, get to the dentist again and then jump on the overnight train heading for Laos.... Will try get another blog happening in the next few days.... so exhausted though at the moment and struggling to find time!!

Love to you all and we will speak to you soon
Reet & Rinna xxxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 28


Advertisement

Look Nick... a tshirt for you...Look Nick... a tshirt for you...
Look Nick... a tshirt for you...

That was Rinnas idea! LOL
The Corn LadyThe Corn Lady
The Corn Lady

moments later she was bolting up the road with the police in hot pursuit... seriously!!
Lady..... boy.... Lady..... boy....
Lady..... boy....

Rinna looking perplexed at the thought that this hot booty is actually male!! LOL
Drinks with the girls....Drinks with the girls....
Drinks with the girls....

Having drinks with Alissa, Ashley and Michelle at Gullivers...


6th February 2008

Wish I was there !!!!
Wow - sounds like your having a great time in Bangkok - Would love to know where the ping pong show is ( not that I would go he he - well maybe i would) - those dentist are great value, helps pay for your trip with all the savings - keep up the great blogs, love reading them - Leon
6th February 2008

Same Same...
Hi Marita...just read your blog...sounds like you are doing a lot of similar things to Xmas 2006. MBK again??? And on your first day?? That's dangerous. If you see Tong again please say 'Sawadeeka' from me. Same to Charlie (but I'm sure he won't remember me). You said Tong is in hospital. Hope she is ok. Shame I couldnt have joined you, would have loved to. Anyway, your blog is bringing lots of happy memories back to me. I will have a Singha beer for you this weekend. Enjoy.... Mike x
6th February 2008

FUN!
You mean to tell me you can't do that with a banana? Sounds like you are having a blast. Of course now Matt wants to see the Ping Pong show! Can't wait to get there!!!
6th February 2008

You Crazy Bitches
Glad to see that you ladies (I use the term loosely) are having a great time. Rinna, maverick seems to be getting a work out with all of those freakin noodles haha.
7th February 2008

What a read!!
Hi Reet, that was a fantastic read, especially the sex show bit. Can't wait to read more. Keep having fun. Jen.
9th February 2008

Wow my sex show was tame compared to yours lol!
Just told Ross about the sex show. he said wow lets get the address. hehehehehehehe. You are having such a great time. You travel like we do. As much adventure as you can. Have a great adventure! Wen xoxoxo
19th February 2008

Growing greener by the day!
We are even more jealous now we have read your fab blog. Kamikaze buckets - how could you? Did you not learn from Dec06/Jan 07 to steer clear of buckets? LOL!! The ping pong show sounds hilarious - we defo didn't see any live sex show so yours was really "special"!! We can just picture your faces!! xx
17th March 2008

Was there 3 yrs ago going next month!
Your story is too funny and pretty much what I experienced when I was there 3 years ago. Due to random fate it looks like I will have the opportunity to go back again probably next month...so more fun will be had!

Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 23; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb