Bangkok - the lost days.....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 30th 2007
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

A big hello to everyone!

We are are on the Thai island of Koh Phangan right now. It's a lovely island, but unfortunately we have had our camera pinched (whilst our back was turned for 5 minutes on a beach) so all of our Bangkok photos are lost and gone forever! (you can never be too safe I guess....)

We enjoyed Bangkok - it's very busy and very humid - always lots going on. We took a ride on a tuk-tuk (motorbike taxi) and visited the home of the reclining Buddha - it's head sits 15 metres high!! The floating market was a great experience - we took a longtail paddle boat around and there are traders selling their goods on the side of the river and in their boats. We came across quite a few boat jams! We both held a python snake which was pretty scary - it was so heavy and cold! It kept turning it's head towards us and wrapping it's body around our legs.....

We visited the bridge over the river kwai and then went to the Tiger Temple. It's run by a group of monks who look after tigers that have been saved from poachers. We got so close to them and were able to stroke them - had some great photos!! We'll have to go back there some day.

We took lots of ferry rides along the Bangkok river and explored the khlongs (narrow canals) that run through the city. That was pretty cool....

From Bangkok, we booked another sleeper train heading down south towards Thailands peninsula and islands. The train was a bit rickety to say the least, but it was good fun - they leave the main doors on each carriage wide open to let air in - scary!!

So now we are about to head to the west of Koh Phangan where we will chill for a few days on our hammocks and then we'll head off to Krabi which is to the west of the peninsula.

Kaz and Mikey.

PS - we've bought a new camera now - it's currently chained to us and has an alarm and immobiliser fitted as standard. It also has a tracking device which we paid a bit extra for! lol. Lots of photos to come in our next blog!

PPS - we've added a few photos from Koh Phangan....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb