Days 1-2: Bangkok, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 27th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yes, I've relented to start a travel blog, so here goes the tale of our adventures as we circumnavigate the globe....

First night of our trip and we find ourselves in our country home away from home ... Thailand! It was great to be back in Bangkok, even though it is a crowded, smoggy city! ;-) We'd never been in January before though and the temperature was really different - warm, but not too hot and not humid at all. It was the perfect place to unwind since we know the area so well and catch up on sleep after our first longhaul Auckland-Sydney-Bangkok flight. We spent a couple of hours at the weekend markets for Kristi to get a pack for Africa and spent the rest of the time chilling by the pool. We stayed at a different hotel (first in a while just for something different ;-) ) called The Century Park and it was really awesome, it was flash and in a great location in Pratunam. Oh, and Kent will be soooo stoked! We saw an old Gemini on the road in Bangkok! ;-) I'd show you pics but thanks to a dodgy Hanoi taxi driver we lost all our photos ..... more about that later!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb