THe End


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 10th 2006
Published: December 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well... it seems that we're at the end of this particular journey, I must say with mixed feelings. Now that we are in Bangkok and the end is near we are trying to conserve the cash we have left (more difficult that it sounds) and looking forward to getting on the plane and seeing our families that we've been away from for over a year (well... looking forward to the 28hr flight being over...).
Today when we arrived in bangkok, after a seriously delayed and uncomfortable 12hr train ride, we found the closes guesthouse on Khao san rode and crashed. After lazying about we took a walk and visited the black Buddha (not black at all), a 45ft standing Buddha and the golden mount which provides a breath taking view of the city. After dinner we wandered the market on Khao San and decicded to play some pool and have a few drinks. The first place we went was called Gulliver's Traveller's tavern. It was less a tavern and more a place of drunken buffoonery, the likes of which could be liken to a bunch of monkeys given alcohol, then discovering the interesting smells of each others butts. After one drink we decided that we could find that kind of bullshit at home and went to a quieter joint where we could enjoy ourselves and not have to put up with simian butt sniffing.
After a few games of pool and not nearly enough to drink we were again assaulted by a large group of rowdy South Africans who couldn't drink with out screaming or making a scene. After the "buckets" took their effect, however, they became slightly more tolerable and struck conversations with JEss and I, mostly revolving around "South Park" and my inability to "sound" Canadian.
The next day we were hungover so we read and wandered around the city in the evening. It's amazing how shitty a hangover in a foreign country can be, as you feel that you're wasting a day, but also that if you move you may vomit on yourself.
TOday we took a four hour two and a half hour bus ride to Pattaya to get a little sun before our return to the frigid climate that is the capital of Canada. Tomorrow? Last minute shopping and Cabaret shows (you have been to Bangkok if you have seen a man dressed as a woman do high kicks and lip synch..?) Then it's off to airport we go.
.

Advertisement



11th December 2006

IT'S OVER .....FOR NOW....
The end of one journey.....the beginning of the next..... Safe flight home! See you at Gate #1 at YOW!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb