Day 7


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 30th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 – the sleep-in never really eventuated as we were awake at 7:30 so we packed our bags had breakfast and a shower and quit the hotel for a transfer to Gareth’s. We wasted 30 minutes waiting for a tuk-tuk only to be told upon checking that they weren’t running in our street at the time so grabbed a cab which turns a 500 metre journey by foot to about 3kms by road. Gareth then took us on the BTS Train from Chang Nansi to Siam (3 or 4 stops) where there are several large inter-connected malls where Julie and I spent a couple of fruitless hours trying to find a new pair of eyeglass frames. In one up-market mall on the third floor, of all places, they had ‘shops’ selling Rolls Royces, McLarens, Maseratis, BMWs, Aston Martins, Ducatis etc – quite incongruous for a shopping mall we thought! We caught the BTS back to Gareth’s and freshened up before leaving for the airport. The trip took just over an hour and we arrived with plenty of time but then wasted time looking for a coffee and when we got to customs we were told we were not going to make it that way and they directed us back to ‘Priority Check-in’ which was about 100 metres away. We only got to the plane a couple of minutes before scheduled close so our leisurely departure became somewhat fraught!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb