Three Nights in Bangkok and the Errands get Checked Off


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 3rd 2017
Published: December 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Ah Bangkok. Despite the seedy reputation, it’s still one of my favorite cities! To be honest, we pretty much stay in the one square mile around the infamous Khao San Rd, legendary in the backpacker circuit and made famous in the movie The Beach. Within a few hours of arriving, we’d visited our dentist of ten years and done a bit of necessary shopping. We also got haircuts the next day at a fraction of the cost back home, and it even included a head and neck massage - bonus! The only time we actually leave the Khao San Road area is to visit Mission Hospital, the height of efficiency. We ended up getting a slew of routine check-ups done in five hours at the hospital, something that would have taken about five months in the US. We got to see our American doctor of over ten years this time, Dr Nick. He’d been on vacation last time we’d visited so it had been a while. He was surprised when Jake and Kyla followed us into his office as he’s known us since we were young and carefree backpackers. How things change!



The next morning we were up bright and early at 3:30am to get our taxi to the domestic airport. We love Bangkok for a few days, but it was time for some Island life!



*** Please scroll right the way down for the rest of the photos ***


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 80; dbt: 0.137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb