Day 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
September 26th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At 7am we were greeted in the hotel lobby by Mr Sammy, our taxi driver, who drove us to Bangkok station and left us with our 3rd class standee tickets worth 20THB (just over 48p!!) After an hours wait in which we embarrassingly sat through the national anthem whilst the rest of the station stood and sang facing the king's portrait! we boarded the luxurious train and began a very hot and dusty journey to the ancient city of Ayutthaya.

Arriving at the guest house in a slightly larger tuk-tuk this time, we were greeted with free water, a guide map and 3 bicycles.........which were super high tech........if you lived in 1900! With very little brakes and some interesting front wheel handling we edged onto the manic main road and tryed to avoid the traffic and find the 'ruins'. Several stops and litres of sweat later we entered the park which had some pretty ruins and a nice chain repair for Becky's bike! Having had enough of temples by now we continued to cycle around the town but got a little lost and finally returned 4 hours later! Having been warned about the 'packs of dogs' we avoided eye contact and had dinner in one of the towns only restaurants.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb