Thailand's old capital is a must-see!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
August 26th 2009
Published: March 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yet another very memorable moment! So we decided to go to a nearby market and check out the food options and it started to rain. We figured, no big deal! Then maybe, within like 20 seconds, it started raining harder than either of us had ever seen. Even though we were still sooo close to our guest house, it was raining too hard and the streets were flooding instantly so we ran into the closest we saw....unfortunately, it was an open air bar below ground level.

So we sat down at the first open table we saw, which we soon had to move back from due to the "intruding" rain. We ordered our food and were served beer. As we drank and waited, the rain continued to pour and the flooding on the streets made it's way into the far back of the bar where we were sitting. Nobody looked really concerned...before we realized it, the water was waist high and even though the owner was running around unplugging appliances, everyone in the bar was still really not phased by the entire event.

During this entire time, the SUPER nice people working there kept getting us beers, and even though we couldn't get our food yet, they gave us bananas to eat in the mean time! As soon as it stopped raining, within like 10 minutes we were served our food! Thai people are AMAZING!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb