Ayutthaya & Lopburi: cycling amongst the ruins and walking amongst monkeys!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
October 21st 2017
Published: October 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our train journey from Bangkok to Ayutthaya went well, we met an Italian man, Silvio, who came with us to our hostel. We wanted to rent bikes to tour around the town where there are a lot of ruined temples. Unfortunately, our hostel had rented all of their bikes so we had to walk quite a way before finding another place to rent bikes.
I hadn't ridden a bike for at least 10 years (and had hated every second of it riding in my childhood!) so I wasn't very confident but I managed to follow Silvio and Shaun around. The temples were beautiful. After sunset, we cycled our way back to the renting place and had dinner. Riding a bike at night on a big road in Thailand is a scary experience!
We had a rest and on the next morning, we left for a day trip to Lopburi where we saw monkey temples. There were monkeys everywhere and a baby jumped on me, which was very cute! Silvio loves monkeys and looked very happy with plenty of monkeys on him! Shaun avoided them.
After visiting, we wanted to go back to Ayutthaya while Silvio was visiting the museum - we chose not to as the admission fee was expensive, we weren't that interested and wanted to catch the 4 o'clock train. It turned out there was no 4 o'clock train so we went to a very nice Japanese-looking place and had a smoothie and iced-coffee. After our delicious drinks, we visited the gardens of the ancient palace and bumped into Silvio again and we decided to go back to the Japanese place and the three of us had pancakes and waffles. Chocolate felt more delicious than ever!
We caught the 5.30 train back to Ayutthaya and on the next day, we started our long journey to Sukothai - 6 hours in a busy uncomfortable train and an on an air con (yeah!!!) bus...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb