The Pamir


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It's been a crazy 24 hours, after being denied access to the lounge at Dubai T2 I had a dispute with the girl in the cafe who want to charge me 5 bucks more to replace the dairy with almond milk. The short but uncomfortable flight allowed no opportunity to sleep so when I reached immigration first in an empty hall I was feeling positive only to be sent away to fill out an entry card, no pens of co... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 147, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




8th October 2018

The Pamir
Wow. If t'was not for the names of the places and the wonderful vistas in your photos, I would have had no idea you followed the same trail and met some of the same folk we did in August last year. I regard the scenery as breathtaking and exhilarating. You seemed to like it too. However from your writing our experiences were so, so different. You make it sound like an unpleasant ordeal. Your descriptions of the accommodation that was basic and the food albeit bland was as if you expected 5 star. There were three on our trip that had similar expectations. We found the generosity of the people who offered all they had transcended all lack of comforts. This is one of the harshest climates in winter in the World. Summer is a warm window of opportunity. Our foray into the Pamirs was such that our spirits soared at the wonder of the place. If I travel remote I want to experience remote. Everyone's experience is different. T'was an interesting read to experience yours. Yours is a warning that if one expects comforts then the Pamir is not the place to be. That feedback is valuable for readers who need to know that.
10th October 2018

The amazing Pamir Highway
We were there a year ago and your blog has brought back amazing memories. The river has such power. The people are so friendly. The road trip of a lifetime. Thanks for taking us along.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb