Parade Art, 10/9-10/15


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan
October 9th 2006
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

(So I'm back in Port Townsend, and probably have enough material to blog from here for the next few weeks! I had to take a break when crunch time hit, but hope to get everything caught up!)

When we arrive back at the Dream Community, it has been turned into a surreal landscape. The architecture students are hard at work, and the place is littered by the remains of giant sea creature skeletons. The sodium lamps cast an eerie yellow light, and we feel like we are walking through an undersea graveyard. The jellyfish, manta ray, shark, squid, seahorse, lobster, and hermit crab continued to develop over the next several days.

The deer lantern puppets continue to grow, despite us running critically short of reed, and many other pieces pass through various stages of development.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ShapingShaping
Shaping

One method of shaping bamboo is to bend it over a propane torch.
Manta Ray 2Manta Ray 2
Manta Ray 2

Working on the tail.
Seahorse 3Seahorse 3
Seahorse 3

Skinning one of the two giant seahorses.
CentipedeCentipede
Centipede

Adam works with a group of art students to create a centipede.
Deer 1Deer 1
Deer 1

The deer lantern puppets are taking shape.
Deer 3Deer 3
Deer 3

One of the deers begins to sprout leaves!
Deer 4Deer 4
Deer 4

12 volt bulbs are wired into the frame. They will be connected to a scooter battery.
Elephant 1Elephant 1
Elephant 1

Patti whips her elephant into shape!
Patti & FriendPatti & Friend
Patti & Friend

Patti entertaining the troops.
Paint WorkshopPaint Workshop
Paint Workshop

Adam conducts a much needed paint workshop.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb