Taiwan - 5 day tour - Days 3 and 4


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taitung
October 31st 2013
Published: November 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Nǐ hǎo!

Hello from Taiwan

The very enjoyable tour continued with the excellent food, scenery, activities and hotels. I made three good friends from Victoria/Australia and we shared many meals and conversations. Everyone I chatted with on the tour bus were very nice people from around the world.

Itinerary from the Viatour website.

Day 3: Kaoshiung – Kenting – Taitung (B)
Have breakfast and then take a morning tour to Kenting National Park, located on the southern tip of Taiwan. The 37 miles (60 km) of coral-rimmed shoreline along three sides of the park provide many notable attractions. Inside the park, stop at the Oluanpi lighthouse, the Maobitou scenic coastal area and the forest recreation area. Then, continue your drive to Taitung, where you’ll stay overnight.

Overnight: 5-star Naruwan Hotel or similar in Taitung

Day 4: Taitung – Hualien (B)
Start your morning with breakfast before taking an exciting tour of the East Coast National Scenic Area, an unspoiled parcel of land stretching 106 miles (170 km) down the east coast of the island. Erosion and weather conditions have produced a wide range of landforms here.

On your tour, stop at Siaoyeliou, Sanxientai or Sanxiantai (Terrace of the Three Immortals), all scenic spots featuring interesting land formations. You’ll also see the Sanxiantai Bridge, Caves of the Eight Immortals and Shitiping, step-like rocks formed by coral reefs.

In the late afternoon, proceed to Hualien for an overnight stay.

Overnight: 5-star Silks Place Taroko or similar in Hualien

There are 47 photos. Click on each photo to get a larger view.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Weird rockWeird rock
Weird rock

Traveling along the coast to Kenting National Park, located on the southern tip of Taiwan.
Kenting National ParkKenting National Park
Kenting National Park

Taiwan seems to be made up of volcanic rock
Kenting National ParkKenting National Park
Kenting National Park

Saw a few monkeys here


16th November 2013

Great photos
Great photos of Taiwan I love the look of Sun Moon Bay and the view from your room was spectacular.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb