Hubble bubble


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taitung
February 25th 2018
Published: February 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The green man got a girlfriend!The green man got a girlfriend!The green man got a girlfriend!

They did this for Valentine's in the kenting area I didn't get a good photo of the red man. This showed him on his knee to his gf and a red heart in between them !! They are hoping to do it in every region if people like it.
On the move again after a few days on the South coast. Not the glorious sunshine we were hoping for but better than at home I hear !
We are now making our way up the eastern side of the island mostly by train.
Our first stop was Zhiben, famous for its hot springs. When we arrived at the hotel which we had booked through booking.com we found out that we had booked one of the privately owned rooms within the hotel so we then had to phone the owners up to find out which room we were in. Luckily the receptionist spoke to them for us as the lady on the other end only spoke Chinese!
We went up to our room and about 5 mins later there was a knock at the door and this big bloke was out side waving his business card and talking to us in Chinese!! Anyway with the help of Google translate he explained that it was his room and were we happy with it. We couldn't get wifi to work and so straight away he took us down the corridor to another room were it did work and told us to have that
Another templeAnother templeAnother temple

Taken by Mr Big
room, which was bigger!
He didn't even take all the money that we owed as he didn't have change . We went down stairs with the intention of looking around the village and met Mr Big as we called him, downstairs, he asked if we knew where the bus stop was, we didn't as we got a taxi to the hotel. So he waved us into this big black 4x4 and drove us down to the bus stop so we knew where that was and then said that he would drive us up to the National park and proceeded to give us a guided tour whilst talking into his phone for translate and overtaking on blind bends! Anyway he took us to the park and we came down by bus. So a really nice guy who we continued to bump into every time we went out and he came up to us with a bag of fruit called custard apples that he said were typical from the area, they were delicious. He also told us not to go in the jade shop (we had looked in the window but not our 'thing')..he said those shops were for the Chinese landlords! (No love lost there!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sporting very flattering head gearSporting very flattering head gear
Sporting very flattering head gear

Compulsory head gear had to be worn they even sell swim suits with matching hats! Bald heads didn't get away with it..... This was the coolest at 38C and the other was ,42C I surprised myself by also going in the very cold swimming pool in between!!
Beautiful butterflyBeautiful butterfly
Beautiful butterfly

Lots of various colours around. Not all would co -operate!


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb