Back to Taipei


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
February 28th 2018
Published: March 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Taipei-Taichung-Tainan-Taitung-Taipei!.Its starting to get confusing where we have been. Basically we have now completed a anti clockwise tour of the island and now back in Taipei.
After the earthquake in Hualien we decided that unfortunately we would have to give this area miss and so we took the train straight up to Taipei. The route took us up the eastern rift valley which was probably the prettiest countryside we have seen all trip. The train did stop at Hualien and of course we did try to see the fallen down hotel but we didn't see anything. Actually we did see s lot of buildings that are still standing! According to the news the builder,architect and owners have all been arrested...
So a few days spent exploring in and a round Taipei which is actually about 15C warmer than when we arrived and not raining...yet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

6 dogs!6 dogs!
6 dogs!

One is hidden. I have never seen so many contraptions in order to carry dogs around..you hardly ever see one walking !
Hot water foot spaHot water foot spa
Hot water foot spa

Great after a bit of a hike
Sweet potatoSweet potato
Sweet potato

So sweet- delicious!
Cherry blossomCherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Probably a week early to get the best blossom
Hot thermal water (about 60C)Hot thermal water (about 60C)
Hot thermal water (about 60C)

They have stopped people boiling eggs in the water as too many were getting scalded.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb