Tales of the unexpected! Part 2


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
February 10th 2018
Published: February 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Old!Old!Old!

This wine vessel is Early western Zhon Dynasty 11th/10th BC Pretty impressive, not sure what we had in those days.
Wed 7/2
Due to persistent precipitation we decided that today would be museum visiting, so thought we'd tackle the journey to the National Presidential palace museum. It looked quite a way on the map but half an hour after leaving the hotel we were there!
The metro is Japanese efficient and super clean and easy and a 10mins bus ride, also easy to understand. We have a card similar to our Oyster card, so that simplifies things .
The national palace museum is home to the largest collection of Chinese Artefacts. Unfortunately every tour group in the country had the same idea and sometimes we were completely swamped by Chinese/Korean/Japanese groups pushing their way through to keep up with their guides waving their flags and insisting on taking photographs of every item!! Usually by pushing through us!!
Anyway it was very interesting and kept us out of the rain.
After last nights Presidential alert about the earthquake, we were hoping for a good night's sleep, however the President had other ideas and about 11.30 we had another one, but we hardly felt it.
Thursday
It's Dry!!
Thought it was time to visit a temple, which we did and very impressive it was too. We then went to the older district and Dinua street market was in full swing ! As it is Chinese New Year next week it is tradition for people to visit their families and take gifts usually of food ,so the market and shops are full of fantastically wrapped and packaged items. Everyone buys lots of sweets, nuts sugared fruits etc.And this market was great as they insisted on giving out samples!! Apart from some wasabi crisps, everything else was good.
We were then accosted by some young people who were from China doing a video and we were asked would we be in it.....having agreed we then find out that its a RAP video!!????
Just 2 takes!???
She said she would send the link so we will see if we made the cut !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SupperSupper
Supper

Sabu sabu dinner, meaning Hot pot You get given a bowl of broth which you then cook all your veg and bits then the meat takes just seconds to cook and you end up with very tasty stock. Healthy!
Free umbrellasFree umbrellas
Free umbrellas

I thought this was such a lovely idea.


11th February 2018

Looks like you are having a really interesting time. Apart from a few days in Bangkok and Singapore we never explored the Far East. China was on our bucket list but Chas was getting too ill ..... however, a friend and I are looking at the possibility of doing a charity sponsored trek on the Great Wall of China, so never say never!! Continue enjoying your adventures and I look forward to the next “episode “ V x
11th February 2018

Wow, well that Will be an adventure! X

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb