<<回台湾走走2011>> - Taichung


Advertisement
Taiwan&#039;s flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taichung
May 14th 2011
Published: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

9 Days Central & Southern Taiwan (14th - 22nd May 2011)


Arriving at Taoyuan International Airport this afternoon, HQ was already patiently expecting us at the Arrivals. She was early today, in fact a full 1 hour ahead of our flight schedule as the traffic and bus timings from her house to the airport was erratic.

"It's better to be early than risks being late!"

What a nice pal.

For the 3 of us flying in from Singapore, this Taiwan trip was a relatively long wait having booked our air tickets way back on 7th February 2011.

After SS got her Taiwan 大哥大 calling card, we headed straight to Taichung via U Bus, 统联客运 for the 2-hour journey to her house. Home was a 2-bedroom apartment at downtown Taichung. It was a small yet cosy place for all of us.

After a quick wash-up & orientation, we were off to the Fengjia Night Market this evening to stock up on our empty stomaches.

The night market was an easy 15 minutes walk from HQ's place. Named after the nearby Fengjia University, this was Taichung's street foods at its best with hoards and hoards of people on a Saturday evening. Visiting a night market in Taiwan was the best way to connect with the friendly Taiwanese at a local level.

I've lost count on the variety of foods the 4 of us demolished this evening. This was certainly a fulfilling gourmet journey as we slowly made our way back to the apartment slightly after 11pm today.

Day One had turned out great for all of us despite the fair bit of travelling but I'm sure this was just the beginning. Things would surely turn out better in the coming days ahead. For now, I'm just looking forward for a well-deserved rest in Taichung.

I'm always happy to return back to Taiwan, happy that this country was fast becoming my second home, having played hosts to me on 3 earlier occasions.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb