<<回台湾走走2011>> - Sun Moon Lake


Advertisement
Taiwan&#039;s flag
Asia » Taiwan » Nantou County » Sun Moon Lake
May 15th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 15th May 2011


After a delicious 烧饼 breakfast at 台中美 this morning, we headed straight to the High Speed Rail Station to purchase our combo tickets to Sun Moon Lake. For NT599 (SGD25.70), the bundle came with a return bus ticket to Taichung, 1 boat ride to Itasho, 1 round-trip pass on the cable car system and unlimited rides on the round-the-lake shuttle buses. There were other ticket combinations on sale at the tour desk. We just wanted a no-frills package that covered the bare essentials of the lake.

My last visit to Sun Moon Lake was some 6 years back. I recalled having to board a bus to Puli from the chaotic Taichung Railway Station and transfered to another bus to bring me to the lake. There were no combo tickets available. And of course, the cable car system was virtually non-existent. Within a short span of time, I'm suprised at the many travel options available for an average tourist.

Arriving at Sun Moon Lake after 90 minutes later, we were dropped off at the Visitor's Centre at Shuishe Village. The helpful volunteers gave us some directions on where to proceed from there. After an early lunch at one of the many touristy eateries along the street, we took the boat ride to Itasho where the Sun Moon Lake cable car was another short walk away.

Given the hazy weather conditions, the timing for our visit today was certainly not perfect. On a bright side, this kept many visitors away resulting in shorter queueing times at the ever popular cable car system. After completing our ride in the afternoon, it was time for us to call it a day at the lake.

I certainly hoped that SS had enjoyed her day even though she was perpetually fearful of heights during our cable car rides. For me, the visit to Sun Moon Lake left me unimpressed. For sure, this was exactly the same sentiments I shared some 6 years ago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



31st May 2011

Basically there is nothing much there. But companions play a very impt role tat sparks up the boring place. We are very good at playing phototaking for a good 30 mins with just one harbour. =P

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb