Adam's Peak to Nuwara Eliya


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
April 30th 2006
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Kandy we decided to stop off at little town called Nuwara Eliya which has a reputation of being just a little English, white picket fences, rose bushes etc, so we thought why not stop for a cup of good old tea...
Once again the scenery was very green and hilly and we managed to find a very nice English hotel which was just beyond our budget - I really have forgotten what a hostel looks like never mind a dorm bed but we tell ourselves it's just for one night...
And as it's only for one night we decided to live it up and eat at the most expensive place in town, at "The Hill Country Golf Club". Only one snag, we have to find it first. Now on the map the town didn't actually look that big but we must have walked down every street and across every hole on the golf course but could we find it - turns out it was just a short walk from our hotel - just in the other direction, bugger. And of course being the most expensive place in town there is obviously a dress code - which unlike Suzanne, I didn’t quite meet but alas, have no fear the country club have a selection of jackets and tie's to borrow. However these clothes haven't seen the light of day since "burn baby burn" was played at the disco so I pick the best of a bad bunch while feeling like I’m in a charity shop looking for clothes for a stag do as opposed to the nicest place in town.
So once I remembered how to wear a tie our own personal butler called Milton guided us with his little white gloves to the dinner room via the bar of course which was all very nice, particularly as once again we had the entire club to ourselves with Milton on hand to serve our first class steaks before we retired to have an early night and prepare for the bus to Kandy the next morning - jolly ho, what a pleasant evening indeed...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb