Poson trip Day 7 - The last day


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Colombo
June 9th 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was the last day of our trip to Sri Lanka. Since our Bhante (Buddhist teacher cum organiser of this trip) went to Chennai, India, early in the morning, the rest of us decided to take things slowly today.

After waking up at 8am and having a slow breakfast, we packed our luggage and waited for our bus to take us to downtown Colombo for some shopping. However, due to some misunderstanding, the bus arrived very late. (We waited for more than 1 hour...) Nevertheless, we still had a couple of hours to spare, so we went to Manning Market (in the Pettah district, Colombo) for some shopping.

Manning Market is basically a huge outdoor market selling all kinds of vegetables, fruits and any organic produces that are edible... Due to the ridiculously low prices, most of us bought lots of fruits, especially mangoes, pineapples and avocados.

We then made our way to the airport, where we packed all the fruits into an empty suitcase. After checking-in, passing through immigration and the security checks, we took some time to browse the shops in the departure lounge, but we didn't buy anything due to the high prices. (Things are much much cheaper in the local markets or supermarkets.) We then boarded our Emirates flight back to Singapore and enjoyed 3.5 hours of Emirates' excellent in-flight entertainment and wonderful food...

Back at Singapore's Changi Airport, one of the group members was dismayed to find her bottles of fruit cordials (bought in Sri Lanka) broken. Out of the 12 bottles in the carton, 3 bottles were broken, leaving a terrible spill on the baggage carousel and the floor of the baggage hall. Then, another group member found her bag of pineapples infested with ants... (Luckily my mum and I didn't have any misfortunes, as we bought very little stuffs.)

My mum and I finally reached home at 10pm, thus ending one week of adventure and memorable moments in Sri Lanka...


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Breakfast at Full Moon Garden HotelBreakfast at Full Moon Garden Hotel
Breakfast at Full Moon Garden Hotel

Typical Sri Lankan breakfast with rice, curry, vermicelli


9th January 2010

contact information of Full Moon Garden Hotel
Sir, I want to travel from Beijing to Sri Lanka in Feb 2010, and try to find a hotel close to airport since I'll arrive very late. I searched and found that you've stayed in Full Moon Garden Hotel. Could you please let me know whether you still have contact information of this hotel. Thank you. Haiqiu
1st February 2010

Sorry, I don't have the contact information, as the hotel was arranged by our tour leader (not me).

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb