Adventures with Mr Billy


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Weligama
April 14th 2011
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This blog is dedicated to the memory of little Jimi, a stray puppy who sadly died in a tragic road accident outside my guesthouse in Midigama. Little Jimi was buried by myself and the guests Dave and Sab in the grounds of Rams guesthouse (The guesthouse and owner are written about in the lonely planet), 12th April, 2011.

Two months has sped by, firstly traveling with my youngest brother Billy, with a teary farewell on the eve of his departure back to Birmingham, uk. Recently engaged he is now in domestic heaven in his new flat shared with with his fiance Alexis Soul Grey and her two cats. We both new this was a unique and special trip with many shared moments and I feel privaliged to have this time with him.

Highlights from our trip include:

* Befriending Krishan of Krishan Gem & Jewellers, Peellagoda, Una, (www.srilankabuisness.com/etrade/krishangem.htm) the designer of Alexis's beautiful engagement ring. Krishan introduced us to his family during a memorial dinner and later we had a few beverages with his friends at their old tea planters estate, in the hills, near to Habaraduwa, north of Unawatuna.

* Observing turtles laying eggs on Unawatuna beach.

* Fending off greedy monkeys as we had our breakfast outside our cabana in Mirissa.

* Enjoying a hectic bus journey with breathe taking views of mountains, valleys and tea plantations shared with locals on route to Ella, in the Hill Country.

* Being in ore as we looked across the famous lake in Kandy city, to see lazy turtles floating around, a large buddha lit up, stting neatly in the hills, and a candy pink and orange dawn sky filled with the dark silloutes of large fruit bats.

* Befriending a local monk who volunteered his time to show us around the Temple of the sacred tooth relic, in Kandy.

* Clubbing in Colombo and being entertained by a traverling magician from London.


Billy, if I have missed anything out please let me know xxx much love !! Again apologies, no editor available today and no spellcheck !!! what to do !!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb