Sri Lanka 13 14 & 15th days - Aditya Resort - Fri to Sun 20-22 Jan 2017


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Hikkaduwa
January 21st 2017
Published: March 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Aditya Resort is on the coast road just past the village of Hikkaduwa and before Rathgama in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka about 13 km north of Galle. We had booked 5 nights at this all-suites seaside resort as a relaxation vacation after all our touring. When initially planning our family holiday Don and I had thought about spending a few days in the Seychelles or Mauritius after Caroline left Sri Lanka to return to her job. The flight connections seemed more trouble than they were worth, and Jagath promised that we would not be disappointed simply to stay in Sri Lanka and enjoy a rest there. We found he was certainly right!



When we woke up and looked out of the window we could see the garden which was a luscious green, then the golden sand and the sea! This was the first time since Negombo that I communed with G-d overlooking the sea. It was beautiful.

Food was served all day in the dining room. You could have breakfast at lunch time, lunch at tea time and dinner all evening! We had a late breakfast and went down to the dining room patio. Breakfast was Sri Lankan or European. We had a veggie breakfast and it was at breakfast that we saw the paradise we were staying in. Looking out from the dining area was a beautifully maintained lawn. Beyond the lawn was the sand and beyond that the sea, pounding the shore! It was so peaceful and so beautiful and so relaxing.

After breakfast we went off to explore the hotel. We found the library (but we decided that we would read our own books) and then found the spa. I was able to get a reflexology treatment. It was wonderful! Then we sat on our balcony and read. As we had had such a ginormous breakfast we didn’t need food until dinner!



That afternoon being Friday we got ourselves ready for Shabbat. We sat on the balcony to sing kabbalat Shabbat. As we started singing Yedid Nefesh a bird joined in with us. This was really communing with nature 😊 . We made kiddush on our second bottle of wine from home and made motze on matzo.

After dinner we just sat in the lounge area and read.



Saturday, and Sunday were truly lazy days. I had a massage and Don had a salt rub. We have always said that the best hotel for rest and relaxation and treatments is the Carmel Forest Spa atop the hills by Haifa, but much as we both hated to admit this Aditya Resort beats the Carmel Spa.



One day we were walking across the garden and saw the most beautiful blue bird sitting on a tree. It was a kingfisher but which one we were not sure. I had to get the "Birds of Sri Lanka" book after we got home and look it up.



SCROLL DOWN to see more pictures of our Aditya Resort experience ...

.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb