Tour diary - day 9


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Bentota
April 11th 2011
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we transferred to Club Bentota, stopping on the way at the official Sri Lankan Cricket shop where many if us bought replica world cup items. 
Heading south on our two and a half hour journey we encountered more problems with the onboard air conditioning, causing us to fear that another Tom Edwards sweat pool would appear. We had lunch upon arrival and soon after we were enjoying the luxuries of the pool and the water polo goals. The water polo however soon got over crowded and a bit too aggressive, therefore we moved to the beach for a bit of cricket, for the second encounter between the two teams we formed in Colombo. However, the Red Barrons came out on top again despite the best efforts from the likes of Stuart-Smith who was one of many to perish without scoring. After that we retreated back to the pool for more water polo during which Mr Nurton and Mr Turner showed their more competitive sides. 
We now await the team selection for tomorrow's game, which we hope will be the first win of the tour.

Max Ritchie.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb