Day 4 - Nuwara Eliya


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Nuwara Eliya
August 19th 2018
Published: August 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Off on the next leg of our journey, departing Kandy by car with driver to head up another 4000 feet into the tea country. Stopped at a Herb & Spice farm on the way and learned all about most of the common bottles in our cupboard at home. Excellent guided tour but were a little suspicious about the products on sale at the end so bought nothing.

Next stop was a tea plantation; by now rain had started so a short tour around the factory, a quickly sample of four different types of tea, bought some leaves to bring home and then on up into the clouds to Nuwara Eliya. Lots of waterfalls on the way suggested that there has been a lot of rain here recently and none too warm either - arrived in 13c and we realised we were not fully equipped for it, not enough heavy clothes in the bag for this weather.

Nice small colonial guest house but not equipped with central heating so needed to light a fire this evening while watching the MU v Brighton on local TV! Sandra nearly did a "Peter & the bed" impression when she added rather too much lighter fluid to the fire. However, the only serious casualties were the white dasies on the mantelpiece above which are now looking a little singed and sorry for themselves!

Afternoon spent looking around the local markets for more warm clothes but nothing purchased so hope an improvement in the weather tomorrow. Plan is for more tea and a waterfall walk but will await the weather forecast in the morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb