KFC delivers to the beach!!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Sokcho
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hanwha resortHanwha resortHanwha resort

Home for the weekend
***Let it be known that my husband knows how to "tame his beast" ...ME, his wife of course! All he has to do is take me on a trip and throw in a lil spa action and he is out the dog house!***

Scott planned a special treat for us with his coworker buddy Rob. We shared a condo for the weekend at the Nanwha resort. We had a BLAST!! After driving two hours from Seoul in Robs decked out Volvo SUV; we dropped off our stuff in our room and decided to head out in search of some fun. Our room/condo had two rooms a small balcony and the kitchen didn't have a microwave but a rice cooker instead and of course the fridge and two stove top burners, no oven. Koreans really don't use a oven. The resort had a arcade room, Karoake rooms, a pool room and some places to eat and a mini supermarket. I was surprised to see a can of "Beenies and Weenies" on the shelf at the supermarket being as we are in Korea.

>>> We drove to the beach. This beach was pretty nice as the sand didn't stick to your
beach walkbeach walkbeach walk

3 men and a little lady!
feet like regular sand. (Small things make me happy) You could actually rent a cover to block the sun complete with a mat to lie on under it. As I looked around I realized Koreans got it going on at the beach in the food department. The people in front of us had a mini grill cooking away and the the Ketucky friend chicken man delivered to the beach!! We thought about calling out to him and claiming the order for a brief minute! There wasn't many people there and it was just very peaceful. Damien might say otherwise as he kept getting young teenagers trying to practice their english out on him. They kept repeating the same questions and finally he blew up saying "Look, I don't speak Korean and I told you my age already!!". We fell out laughing because they were speaking english but he couldn't understand them. After watching the older ladies gather sea kelp and rubbing it all over their legs we headed back to get cleaned up and eat dinner. We love eating Korean "Beef on the leaf" as we nick named it because you grill the meat at your floor table and wrap it in a lettuce leaf with rice and add some spices the shove it in your mouth! Yummy!!

>>Everyone was still enegized so Rob decided we needed to do a little Korean karoke! It was so much fun! I didn't think it would be but we really got into it. You get your own room that has a disco ball, a big screen, and you can order some coke or soju and rock away Baby!! Yep, our kids had to endure their parents singing to fifty cents! Angelina wasn't warming up to it until "My humps" by Fergie got her going! So did I mention our room didn't have a tradintinal bed but Korean style mats on a heated floor. Surprisingly we were all knocked out and slept well. Ok, one room had a bed but we decided to give it to Rob...after all he did read Angelina many fairy stories and deserved the bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lina sings to FergieLina sings to Fergie
Lina sings to Fergie

I'm so talented!
MC Rob! MC Rob!
MC Rob!

Pimp Master...Holla!
WHY ME!!WHY ME!!
WHY ME!!

Please rescue me from my parents!
Partied out!Partied out!
Partied out!

Sleeping Korean style


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb