KOREA. Traveling the streets. Day 5.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 5th 2016
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.5323, 126.957

APRIL 5th.We returned to the Namdaemun Market to stock up of treasures. We bought a series of dried fruit and nuts. We then stopped off for Soup for lunch along with kimchi, seaweed and a pickled root vegetable that we could not decide what it was.Then we where off to GANG NAM. We had to see where this crazy Gangnam Style came from. We caught the train which was so deep. We took an about 3 escalators down to catch the metro. It was so quiet and they had these odd metal doors with a circular lock like the submarines have. It would be a perfect hideaway if there was a war. It was really odd.Well at Gangnam there was a huge stage and sign on the corner of a busy street and of corse we all got up on stage and pretended to do the dance. We entertained the locals for a few minutes. Great fun. We then went to K*STAR ROAD. This was a very busy road with very expensive shops either side. There where these huge fiberglass bears with the various famous K*STARs names on them. They where all decorated differently and very cute. There really isn't much else to see on the road unless you have a few thousands to spend on a pair of socks.We stopped off at a huge shopping complex where we found a huge golden sculpture of the Gang Nam arms with the famous stance from the dance.That night we found a very local restaurant and ate great Korean food and we walked past the Sungnyemun Gate which is beautifully light up at night.<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">The following morning we did our last minute shopping and then off to the airport by public transport again.We travelled everywhere by train and its was so easy to get from place to place. The food was fantastic and the people very welcoming.Thank you South Korea and thanks to our friends for making the holiday a memorable one.Two crazy families discovering the amazingness that is Seoul.Lots of walking, shopping, fun, stairs, talking, trains, eating, drinking, stairs, more eating, laughing, a bus trip, more drinking and even dancing.Did I mention the stairs, the laughing and all of the eating?<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">Well..... Most of us ate....Oh.... And just a few selfies.Fun memories.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb